If the following values are important to you, Collaborative Divorce is likely to be a workable option for you and your family:
- I want to maintain the tone of respect, even when we disagree.
- I want to prioritize the needs of our children.
- My needs and those of my spouse require equal consideration, and I will listen objectively.
- I believe that working creatively and cooperatively solves issues.
- It is important to reach beyond today's frustration and pain to plan for the future.
- I can behave ethically toward my spouse.
- I choose to maintain control of the divorce process with my spouse, and not relegate it to the courts.
Does this path sound and feel comfortable for you? We suggest that you talk to a Collaborative lawyer, divorce coach, child specialist, or financial professional about your situation to help you make the decision.
Locate a professional in your area >